Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Recipe: Aisan Kohlrabi Slaw

We arrived back at our house Sunday evening from our long week away to find our CSA goodies waiting for us in the fridge (Thank you MS for picking them up!) Since we only had one day to eat them before more were delivered, I figured I had better get cracking. I did alot of cooking, but this was one of the easiest and freshest things I made. And after a week of being "off plan", I was ready for some fresh vegetables big time.

Aisan Kohlrabi Slaw

Start with one head of kohlrabi, green or purple it doesn't matter.




Although I started out with two, I ended up using only one. They get huge when grated. Grate your kohlrabi.




Chop 4-5 scallions.




Add in your grated kohlrabi, and grate 1-2 carrots. I had slightly less carrots than kohlrabi. Add them.




Then add everything else: about a quarter cup of chopped nuts (I used roasted cashews and almomds), a tablespoon of sesame seeds, a fat tablespoon if mayo (please make homemade, it is so extra yummy), 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, 2 teaspoons of rice wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons of honey and one teaspoon of toasted sesame oil. Stir and let sit in the fridge until you are ready to serve.




Here is to getting through all these greens by Tuesday night!!

This post is part of Traditional Tuesdays

1 comment:

  1. I have never had kohlrabi before, looks very interesting and your slaw looks amazing. We don't have a csa close but wish we did! Anyhow, I would love to invite you to share this and other articles that may fit to a recently new link up called Healthy 2day Wednesdays for sharing tips, suggestions, going “green” ideas, recipes, etc every week!

    ReplyDelete