Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Recipe: Hot Onion Souffle


Happy New Year's everyone!! I have emerged from my Holiday cocoon rested and relaxed and maybe even ready to tackle this new year. We put our time off to good use. We hosted my folks, cleaned out the house, cooked with abandon and actually beat the now "old-timey" game Legend of Zelda on our Wii. Okay, DH beat Legend of Zelda and Thing 1 and I contributed in small ways and by cheering. But all of us, including Thing 2, enjoyed watching it go down.

But wait...in my last post over two weeks ago I promised THE PERFECT holiday dip! And I never followed up with a recipe! Oh the injustice. I suppose that I am exactly what I always have promised I would be-inconsistent at best. But...we did host a fantastic New Year's Eve party and I do make this dip whenever we are getting together with people that we want to impress so I thought it would be wrong of me not to share the recipe with you.

I always get lots of oohs and aahs when I serve this dish. But it is rich and I have decided that high fat diet or no high fat diet, this dip is not good for you. It is doing you no favors on the waistline or anywhere else for that matter. Don't try and kid yourself that this dip is high in whatever vitamin or antioxidant that onions posses. This dip is purely for pleasure.

I got this recipe from my sister in law. But I am fairly certain that she got it from some southern Junior League cookbook. But in just one google search I found a few claiming the recipe as their own. I add that just so you know I am not trying to selfishly claim this as my own. I did not invent this mash of amazingness.

Hot Onion Souffle

2 Packages cream cheese (I love Organic Valley's), at or near room temperature
1/2 cup mayo
1 large sweet onion, finely minced
1 cup shredded Parmesan

Mix ingredients.

Spread in a dish.

Bake at 350 degrees until the top begins to brown at the edges. Do not over bake or the dip will begin to separate and get oily. I have done that, not good. Serve with crackers or if you dare, Fritos.



This is so good that it might actually be worth the extra pant size. Happy New Year people! I am happy to be back in the blogging saddle. I look forward to a new year full of new posts!!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment